First things first, watch the video we made from our recent trip to Winthrop with the new 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4!
Last year we had so much fun the three of us on our daytrip to Leavenworth, that we decided to make this an annual tradition. This time we decided to go to Winthrop, Ryan and I went there last year with our friends Carey and Elena, and we loved it so much that we decided to go again this year with Caiti (Ryan's sister).
We started our trip with a stop to Krispy Kreme donnuts & Karaoke as usual. It is about a 4 hour drive from Seattle. The drive is beautiful and we were amazed at the change of landscape, one second you had sunshine, the next it was all covered in snow, and then sunshine again. Guess why I love Winthrop? It is a Western town and every building has western style Illustrations and signs. It is very small but very charming, with cute little shops and cafeterias, and there I had one of the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had.
The drive was very nice and I am very excited because we tried Apple Car Play for the first time, oh my! Game changer. I will add this as a MUST in my future car. Those who know me, they know music is everything for me, it is part of my life, and for the sake of my traveler companions that there is a good music system, or else they will have me ''karaokeing'' the whole way (no thank you!). Apple Car Play is the way to go! It is very comfortable, there is enough space to hold coffees and water bottles, this is a must for roadtrips.
It felt very safe to drive, specially when we went through snow, we were a little nervous first when we woke up to a winter wonderland but this car proved that everything was under control. It has front Wheel Drive (FWD), not Four Wheel Drive (4WD), but it was fine.
Mitsubishi has the best car Warranty of all car dealers in the market, and they are also known for their great sound system.
Here are some of my favorite things from this car:
- Good gas mileage: there's nothing that I dislike more than throwing money on gas, so having a good gas mileage is one of the most important things in a car.
- Apple Car Play: did I say I love this thing? Not looking back!
- Key-less drive: no need to look for your keys at the bottom of your purse, just get in and start driving, you'll look for them later. Perfect when
- 6-way adjustable driver's seat: this is perfect when you are half the size of your boyfriend and you split the drive, everyone can find their perfect position to be as comfortable as possible.
- Rear-view camera system: yeah, very convenient.
It was a very basic car, compared to what we've tried in the past, but I will say that, for being a basic car you get A LOT for the price. It is the perfect first car for someone like me that is just getting out of college, or for a second family car.