My host family and I moved to a new house 9 months ago in the same neighbourhood and many friends have asked me to see pictures of my new house and room.
I decided to show my room and some facts about me and my space. I love spending time in it, creating, working, reading and taking naps.
My room is the place where I get to decompress from the day, where I dream and where I get to create most of the time. I've always been very lucky to have had great personal spaces, from the room I grew up designed by my mother, to the appartment I lived in Barcelona while in college, the room I lived in the first 3 years in Seattle and the new big and bright room I have now. I've always loved spending time in my space, sometimes just looking at old pictures, reading old journals, organizing drawers, creating art for my walls while playing my favorite songs.
I hope you'll like my new colorful nook and hope you won't notice the not-so-good quality of the pictures.
- You will always find a Merin bag somewhere in the floor. I'm one that things that you can't ever have too many Merins.
- Don't go barefeet, the chances you'll prick with a needle are high.
- I have a sewing machine and when I am sewing something my room looks like it got hit by a hurricane.
- Yes, I sleep next to Mary Poppins doll (I used to also have the three Cinderella mice, but I gave them away to a child in need and I still miss them, but I am glad is making a child happy)
- I have this in my desk that Ryan gave me last Christmas and it keeps me all motivated.
- My bed is the closer you can get to heaven (I think the secret is that latex foam layer on top of the matress).
- I have this thing with journals, I never have enough.
- I like fluffy pillows.
- I am a robe girl and wear it at nights.
- I love my cactus.
- I made that pompom garland for the Wild + Free conference and I put it in my room, it brightens my days.
- Almost all the wall art is made by me and of course, Illustrations by my dear Verónica Algaba.
You might also like: